Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Guns and Gear Review # 18: Glock 41 Gen 4

Hey folks, it's your old pal 12-Gauge Chimp here with another entry to the site.

I've decided to change a few things on the site, starting with the gun reviews. I've decided to change the titles of the reviews since I mostly look at firearms and knives. From this point on, I'm going to call my reviews "Guns and Gear Reviews" instead of what they have been called in the past. I'll probably be going back and changing the titles of my previous entries. I've got a lot of things to cover so it may take some time.

Without further ado, here's the latest 'Guns and Gear Review'

Today, I'll be looking at the Glock 41. The Glock 41, for those of y'all who don't know, is a long slide variant of the popular Glock 21. Both pistols are full size guns, but the G41 has a longer barrel, around 5.25" according to my measurements.Which puts it in 1911 length territory. This gives the gun a longer sight radius which means better accuracy.The Glock 41 is only available in the Gen 4 configuration, so all you Gen 3 fans may have to upgrade to the newer generation if you want to get your hands on one.

I picked up my G41 a few days after ordering it from the local hardware store. Originally I had ordered a Century Arms RAS-47, but my FFL dealer was having a hard time finding one in stock for a decent price. So, I cancelled that order and switched it to the G41. I'm glad I did because the G41 is an awesome gun. It's only slightly longer than the standard G21, which means folks who use a 1911 as their carry gun will have no problem carrying a G41. Assuming they decide to quit carrying their 1911's, of course. Not everyone likes Glock pistols. For example, I used to think the grip was kind of blocky and uncomfortable. With the Gen 4 models and their different size back straps, my opinion on that has changed. Gen 3 guns and earlier still feel kind of weird, but that's simply because I'm used to the Gen 4 grips. Had I gotten into Glocks earlier in my life, I might feel differently about that.

Like the Gen 4 Glock 21 I own, the Glock 41 comes with three magazines, four different back straps, and the usual Glock factory accessories. Which are a magazine loader, spent casings for locales that require them, owners manual, and a mini catalog showing the other stuff Glock offers aside from firearms. I'd personally like to see Glock make a rifle at some point, but I think they're going to just continue making handguns. Which is fine with me.

I haven't had the opportunity to get out to the range since there's been other things taking up my time, so I can't really give y'all a true review as to how the G41 handles or if it's reliable enough for me to give it my seal of approval.

Once I get out to the range and run a few mags through the gun, I'll report back here and give y'all a full review.

As always, this is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment