Monday, May 17, 2010

Guns and Gear Review # 8: Ka-Bar K2 Agama

Hey folks, your old pal 12-Gauge Chimp here bringing you another knife review. Today I'll be reviewing the Agama made by Ka-Bar.

Here's the factory specs on the Agama.
Blade length: 3.75 inches
Blade material: 3cr13 stainless steel
Handle material: Black G-10 scales
Overall length: 8.38 inches.

I had not planned on purchasing another knife this year, but I was considering replacing my EDC knife with something a bit better made. Before I got the Agama, I carried an assisted opening knife based off of the Kershaw Leek design. I still plan to carry both knives, but the Agama will be my main edc knife from now on.

The Agama is a pretty cool folder with a partially serrated edge and a G10 handle. The blade is fairly sharp for a production knife and will sharpen fairly easy. I wish I could say the same about the assisted opener I usually carry, but what can you expect of a 5 dollar knife. The Agama cost me a little over 13 dollars US, but it usually sells for 39 dollars US. I ended up getting it during a weekend sale at the sporting goods shop I frequently shop at. Since it does not have a traditional thumbstud to open it, I had to practice opening it with the hole that is cut in the blade. After a bit of practice, I can open the Agama with ease.

I haven't gotten around to actually cutting anything with it aside from a sheet of paper I used to test the blades sharpness.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and I'm also happy that I finally own a Ka-Bar. Granted, it's not a traditional Ka-Bar, but I will eventually add one of the legendary Ka-Bar USMC fixed blade knives to my growing collection.

The Ka-Bar K2 Agama folding knife gets a 5 out of 5 and the 12-Gauge Chimp seal of approval.

As always, this is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment