Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today is Veterans Day.

Hey folks, 12-Gauge Chimp here letting you all know today is Veterans Day.

So, with that said, get out there and thank a veteran for their service and let them know how much they mean to you and your freedom.

If you have someone in your family who served, sit down with them and listen to their stories of their time in the service. That goes double if they fought in either of the World Wars. Soon there will be no one around to tell the stories of WW1 and that makes me sad. We lose men from those wars everyday and I wish I had the opportunity to just shake their hands and maybe listen to their stories. No matter what war you fought in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War or the current war in Iraq and Afghanistan, you are all heroes in my book and I thank you for your service from the bottom of my heart.

To all veterans, past and present, thank you.

And to those veterans no longer with us, may you forever rest in peace.

This is 12 Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment