Monday, March 21, 2011

Adventures at the Gun Show Part 2

Hey folks, your old pal 12-Gauge Chimp here with a new post. Yesterday, I went to a gun show with a friend of mine and I figured since I haven't updated the site in awhile, I'd tell you all about it.

Well, we had originally planned on leaving my house at 12 AM, but due to some minor setbacks, we left at almost 2:30 PM. We made it to the gun show with about an hour to look around. There wasn't a whole lot of dealers there, but we did encounter some really nice guns. We walked around for about a half hour and I remembered I had a list of things I wanted to look for, such as parts for my Mossberg bullpup shotgun. Well, I didn't find any parts for it and I didn't find anything on my list. I did find a nice messenger bag that will fit my mini survival kit perfectly.

You all are probably wondering about the guns at the gun show. Well, there were some really nice ones and some that weren't so nice. My friend was looking for an AR-15 rifle, but there was only a single dealer selling them and they had high price tags. I was more interested in the older firearms and had I had more money and very nice Remington Rand 1911 would've came home with me. The gun had been customized at some point, but it was very well done. The guys selling it were very nice and answered all my questions about it. My friend found a few rifles and handguns he wanted as well, like a Colt .38 Special revolver one dealer was selling. I was more interested in the Browning .380 pistol made in 1959 the same dealer had. We encountered some nice dealers and some that weren't as nice, but that's beside the point. Every gun show has them, it's up to you to figure out which ones will get your business and money.

All in all we had a good time at the gun show. My friend and I both wished we had more money to buy the guns we liked. There's another gun show coming up in July of this year and we may go to that one as well. Hopefully, we'll be able to buy a gun at that one. Stay tuned for that.

As always, this is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment