Sunday, June 20, 2010

Random Thoughts # 11: Surplus shopping

Hello folks, 12-Gauge Chimp here with a new edition of random thoughts.

As you all may remember, I was on vacation this last week and I managed to stop by one of my favorite surplus stores in Southeast Texas. This place is packed with deals on military surplus stuff and I managed to snag some cool stuff. I was looking for a GI pistol belt and a Y-harness for a survival belt project I've been working on, but instead of buying those items I bought a .50 caliber ammo can and a couple MREs. I spent a bit more than I wanted to, but in the end it was worth it.

I got back home and proceeded to fill my new ammo can with shotgun shells and I came to find that I need more ammo and ammo cans. When you can fit all of your ammo supply into a single .50 caliber ammo can, it's time to buy more ammo. It's a good thing I have a reliable source for 12 gauge shells and other ammo.

I'm still in the process of buying the Mossberg Plinkster I mentioned a couple of weeks ago and I hope to have the rifle in my possession by the middle of July at the very latest.

Well, that'll do it for this edition of Random Thoughts. As always, this is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment