Saturday, June 26, 2010

12 Gauge Chimp's New Gun: Mossberg 702 Plinkster .22LR

Hello folks, 12-Gauge Chimp here with a little announcement.

I finally got my Mossberg Plinkster !

As you all may remember, I mentioned I was in the process of buying a Mossberg Plinkster. Well, after 2 months of saving up my money, I finally got my rifle. I went to the local gun shop and filled out the 4473, paid the shop clerk and walked out with a brand new rifle.

This is the very first brand new firearm I have ever bought and it is a nice one. The Mossberg Plinkster is basically the American version of a Brazilian .22LR rifle whose name escapes me at this moment. It's got a 18 inch barrel and uses a detachable box magazine. The mag holds ten rounds of .22LR ammo, with ten rounds being the factory standard for most .22 caliber firearms.

The one downside of the Plinkster is the lack of aftermarket accessories. We all know the famous Ruger 10/22 and it's plethora of aftermarket goodies, but for some reason Mossberg isn't on the same page as Ruger. It's no big deal to me as I'm satisfied with just owning the gun, though I will be looking to buy some extra factory mags for my Plinkster.

I haven't had the oppurtunity to test fire the Plinkster so I can't really give you folks a run down on how it operates or how reliable it is or even a rating. One of the reasons being that I don't have any .22LR ammo and the other being that it's too dang hot for me to go to the range right now. I will be going to the range sometime in the next couple months and after that I will give y'all a full review on the Mossberg Plinkster. For now, I just wanted to let you all know that I finally got the gun.

As always, this is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment