Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Random Thoughts # 2: Selling stuff

Hello folks, 12-Gauge Chimp here with another edition of Random Thoughts.

During these incredibly crappy times (ie. screwed up economy), I have had to sell off a bunch of my stuff, mostly crap I didn't need anymore. Most of what I sold was some knives and swords I'd accumulated over the years. When I was a young chimp, I wandered through the local malls of my former hometown and on more than one occasion, bought some sharp, pointy objects because, one I had the money and two, I was a sucker for knives. I ended up with close to 400 dollars worth of cheap and very low quality knives and swords. I spent practically every dime I had on swords and other sharp pointy stuff. As I got older, I realized I had too dang many of the stupid things. So I decided recently, well about a month or so ago, to sell off some of my collection to fund my firearms purchases.

I now own only three swords, a couple of cheap samurai swords, a high end fantasy sword, and various fixed blade hunting and military type knives. The swords and knives I sold funded some ammo purchases and various other things, but so far, no new guns. I plan to purchase some high end knives from reputable makers and not just because they look cool, I will actually do the needed research to find out if a knife is of good quality.

Well,that's pretty much the end of this edition of random thoughts.
As always,this is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment