Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Adventures at the gun show #1

Hello folks, 12-Gauge Chimp back today with the first of many gun show reports (this one was earlier in the year, as that was the last time I went to a gun show.)

Awhile back, I had the oppurtunity to go to a local gun show, ok so the show was in Odessa Texas, but it's kind of local. Anyway, after I paid my way inside I was surprised at the lack of people, granted I went the last day of the show, but the gun panic was still in full swing, so the few folks there was kind of unusual. I wandered around for about two hours, looking in vain for a Romanian TTC Tokarev, but alas there was not a single one to be found.

Some of the highlights of the show, for me anyway, included two C96 Mauser pistols, one with the shoulder stock/holster combo, a SIG 556 pistol(which had just barely hit the market, by the way), some nice M1 Garand rifles and some assorted AK-47's and AR-15's, but nothing that really screamed" Buy me, you idiot!". So I ended my gun show experience by purchasing two boxes of 7.62x54R ammo for my M91/30. Don't you worry though, your old pal 12-Gauge Chimp will be going back to this gun show whenever he's got more time, money and whenever the show is back in town.

That's it for this edition of Adventures at the gun show. I'll eventually be bringing you more of these show reports, as I hope to hit as many gun shows as I can in the next few years.
As always, this is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment