Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Guns and Gear Review # 1: Mosin Nagant M91/30

What's up people, 12-Gauge Chimp back again, bringing you a gun review, the first in an ongoing series. The first gun I'm going to review is the Russian Mosin Nagant M91/30 rifle.

I bought my Mosin Nagant M91/30 in 2008 for the sum of 100 bucks, a little on the expensive side, but then again I'm the same idiot who bought an SKS for $185 when they were going for less than 150. My gun was built in 1932, making it 77 years old and it is in amazingly good condition. I bought a box of 7.62x54R ammo and called a friend of mine to help me test it out. After shooting about 40 rounds through it, I found out three things.

1.My M91/30 hates lacquer-coated ammo.

2.I need to buy some stripper clips for the gun.

3.You can cut yourself on the cartridge interrupter in the magazine.

Also, the bolts on some Mosin-Nagant rifles are an absolute pain to open after firing. Make sure you have a rubber mallet to smack the bolt with, just as a precaution (not really required, just something to remember.)

Overall, I'm happy with my Mosin and I wouldn't trade it for anything (so don't bother asking). I do suggest that you buy any Mosin rifle, whether its the M38 carbine, the M91/30 or even the M44 carbine. They are just really fun guns to collect and shoot.

Well that's going to do it for this gun review, stay tuned for the next gun review coming soon.
This is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment