Saturday, July 25, 2009

Random Thoughts # 1: Ammo shortage, is it over yet ?

Recently, I was in my local big box superstore and I stumbled upon the sporting goods section. Not really needing anything from that particular area, I decided to have a look at the ammo selection. I was actually surprised to see ammo on the shelves. Nothing that I needed any of course, but it got me thinking, is the ammo shortage really over ?

One thing that pisses me off during this whole deal was the fact that some people were buying ammo for guns they didn't have and then selling it off on the internet for two and three times what they paid. I understand people have to make a buck, but when you buy all the ammo a store has just to go and sell it on the internet at a high mark up, that's not fair to the rest of us.

Prior to this whole stupid event one could, for example, purchase a thousand rounds of 7.62x39mm for under 150 bucks, but now a thousand rounds goes for $200 or more in some places, it's ridiculous really. I buy ammo for my guns, maybe once or twice a month, usually two boxes at a time, unless its for my 12 gauge and then I buy the 100 round cases. I don't buy more ammo than I need at the time and I definitely don't buy out the whole store just so I can sell it on the internet.

Some of the stores that I've been to have instituted a limit to the amount of ammo you can buy in one day, usually six boxes total, which to me is a good idea. It gives the rest of us a chance to get the ammo we need without having to pay some yahoos high prices, granted the prices at the stores aren't exactly the best, but we still buy the ammo any way.

Well I guess that's it for today, as always this is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.
Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment