Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Random Thoughts # 5: Shotgun slugs

Hey guys, 12-Gauge Chimp here with another edition of Random Thoughts.

About a week ago, I was in my local Walmart just walking around and trying to find the sporting goods section ( My local store is undergoing a remodel, so I'm steering clear of that place for as long as I can). I found the sporting goods section and looked for some cheap shotgun shells. While I did not find any cheap shells, I did end up buying a 15 round "value pack" of 12 gauge slugs for my Mossberg and I plan to try out a box in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that.

Now, I have zero experience firing slugs from a shotgun, so I'm kind of wondering what the recoil is going to be like. I can stand heavy loads like buckshot, so I'm hoping it will be similar, but with my luck I will walk away from that range trip with a sore shoulder, which is why I'm only taking a single 5 round box for testing purposes.

Well that wraps up another edition of 12-Gauge Chimp's Random Thoughts. Stay tuned for the upcoming range report and subsequent sore shoulder from firing the aforementioned slugs.
As always, this is 12-Gauge Chimp signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment